What is an Abortion Pill Pack all about?
Abortion pill pack (APP) is one of the most cost-effective ways to deal with abortion. It is indeed one of the safest modes of abortion and approved remedy by experts. The reason why this pack is called as cost-effective is that it not only comprises of pregnancy ending tablets but also comes with secondary tablets which helps control the after-effects of the procedure of abortion. The process is painless and does not come with a long list of terms and conditions to be followed.
What does an Abortion Pill Pack comprise of?
The whole pack is a combination of pregnancy ending tablets and tablets controlling the after-effects of the abortion process. It includes-
- One pill of Mifepristone- Dose 200mg
- Four pills of Misoprostol- Dose 200mcg each
- One pill of Ondansetron/Zofran- Dose 4mg
- One pill of Flexon-MR- Dose 250mg
- One pill of Ethamsylate- Dose 250mg
The bunch of tablets should be taken after complete verification and approval of the concerned healthcare advisor.
Is there a criterion for the consumption of abortion tablet?
Medical abortion is a recommended mode of ending the pregnancy but in the early stages of first-trimester pregnancy. The first step is to visit the doctor for a sonogram which helps in determining if the pregnancy is the ectopic, non-ectopic and accurate duration of pregnancy days. For women experiencing their pregnancy in 10 weeks or lesser span of time, abortion with pills works wonders whereas if the duration exceeds then women should visit the doctor and choose other ways of abortion such as surgical abortion. The procedure was not commonly used in the past due to lesser availability of the products but now women can easily buy abortion pill pack online and experience safe abortion.
DETAILS OF TABLETS INCLUDED IN ABORTION PILL PACK
For users looking for in-depth information pertaining to the product can refer to the below-mentioned information-
What is the working mechanism of the medicines included in the pack?
As specified above, the pack is a combination of medicines comprising of both abortion tablets and medicines assisting in relieving the after-effects. Let’s understand the exact mechanism of the medicines mentioned below-
Mifepristone- Mifepristone abortion tablet also known by the product name Mifeprex and Generic RU486 functions by initially blocking the hormone called progesterone which is a pregnancy hormone extremely important for maintaining and advancing pregnancy. Due to lack of oxygen and supply of nutrients, pregnancy stops advancing further and causes dilation of the cervix. This occurs when a fetus gets detached from uterus.
Misoprostol- The prostaglandin analog is responsible for causing critical contractions in the womb. The contractions thus expel the pregnancy sections and empty the uterus. The expelling of sections occurs through heavy vaginal bleeding. Experiencing vaginal bleeding is an indication that abortion procedure has been initiated. Women can bleed generally for hours or even for a couple of days.
Ondansetron/Zofran- The anti-emetic drug is exceptionally effective for women that experience nausea and vomiting during the termination process. The tablet is useful in several cases of side effects caused due to the usage of general anesthetics, opioid analgesics, chemotherapy, etc. During vomiting, the contents of the tablet generally flush out of the body thus this medication prevents the tablet from flushing out of the body.
Flexon-MR- The drug of Flexon-MR is commonly termed as an anti-inflammatory which helps control the severe pain and also fever. The pain killer works wonders for women and lets them experience a pain-free medical abortion.
Ethamsylate- It is generally stated as blood coagulant which stops excessive blood from passing. The pill comes handy and functions when, even after the embryo has expelled, the blood continues to flow out.
How to ingest the doses?
Before you buy Abortion Pill Pack, ensure that you are well-versed with the guidelines for consumption. One must follow the consumption rules strictly because inappropriate consumption can be the major cause of side effects.
- The abortion process starts by consuming the single Mifepristone orally.
- Post 24 to 48 hours women are advised to place two Misoprostol pills each on cheek pouch on both sides. The abortion tablets start dissolving on their own hence make sure you do not consume water.
- Make sure to devour water to take in the remains of the abortion tablet. All these medicines should be taken either on an empty stomach or extremely light meal.
- The Ondansetron/Zofran tablets are recommended to be consumed right before consuming the Misoprostol abortion pill. The components of the medical benefit in controlling vomiting and prevents the body from throwing up the tablet.
- The Flexon-MR tablets are extremely helpful agents in controlling excessive cramps. Doctors recommend the consumption of this medication when you feel feverish or experience tingling pain in the stomach.
- Ethamsylate is a recommended tablet for women that experience excessive bleeding.
What are the ill-effects experienced during and post-abortion process?
By now, you must have recognized the common side effects that you might deal with. It includes nausea, fatigue, vomiting, vaginal bleeding, fever stomach cramps, etc. These side effects can be easily brought under control by the usage of the secondary tablets included in the pack. In some cases, women also experience gastrointestinal disorders and diarrhea due to Misoprostol.
What precautions should women follow before and after using the abortion pill pack?
Once decided to end a pregnancy through this pack of abortion, women should understand that they are required to follow some essential guidelines necessary for the medicine and body to function smoothly.
- Medical abortions do not work in case of ectopic pregnancy so get an ultrasound test done before you decide the method of abortion.
- Abortion at home is recommended only if you are aged above 18 years and below 35 years.
- Women with a history of liver disease, intense anemia, cardiovascular problems or intrauterine disorder must avoid consumption of the medicine.
- Get an IUD (intrauterine device) removed before starting the abortion process.
How to store the tablets?
Storing medicine righteously can avoid medicine from being damaged. Generally, the abortion tablets and rest of the medicines should be stored in a dry and cool place. The room temperature should be 250 degree Celsius. Keep the medicine away from sunlight, moisture, and heat. Do not throw the tablets in drainage or do not flush it down. If the tablet is not in use or expired then dispose of it properly.